- One of the central, crucial tenets of Christianity is that Jesus Christ was crucified -- he died for the sins of others. In the chapter of the Bible known as Acts, we read in 4:10: "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole." Yet commenting on this 600 years later, Muhammad and Allah declared, "And for their saying, 'Verily we have slain the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, an Apostle of God.' Yet they slew him not, and they crucified him not, but they had only his likeness." (Quran, 4:156).
- Moreover, to the Christians, Jesus is god in bodily form (Colossians 2:9), while the Quran declares that he was merely a messenger (Quran 5:75).
- The Muslims claim that their god of the universe is the same as that for Jews & Christians; however, their god of the universe is called Allah, while the name of the god of the universe for the Jews & Christians is Jehovah. (Exodus 6:3, Isaiah 42:8).
- Satan is declared to be a fallen Jinn in Quran 18:50, but must be instead a fallen angel in Isaiah 14:12, since the Bible has no "Jinns."
- Abraham was the son of Azar in Quran 6:74 and the son of Terah in Genesis 11:27.
- In the Bible we read that Moses had a brother, Aaron, and a sister, Meriam, and that the father of all of them was Amram (Exodus 6:20, 15:20). But Muhammad declared that the mother of Jesus, Mary (Maryam), had a father named Imram (Quran 66:12), and a brother named Aaron (Quran 19:28). (The Bible does not confirm this). A problem arises in that Moses and his brother, Aaron, definitely lived many centuries before Jesus and his mother, Mary. An acquaintance of Muhammad’s was quite puzzled by this. Perhaps wondering if Allah’s Apostle had made a mistake, he spoke to Muhammad about the matter: Mughira b. Shu‘ba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun [Aaron]" in the Quran, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: "The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostles and pious persons who had gone before them." (Sahih Muslim, Book 025, #5326).
- That Moses was adopted by Pharaoh's wife (Quran 28:9) is contradicted by Exodus 2:10, which states that he was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter.
- The Quran declares that the god of the universe taught the first human (Adam) the names of all things (Quran 2:32), but the Bible asserts that the first human gave his own names to all the animals (Genesis 2:19).
Muslims contend that any discrepancies that arise between the Bible and the Quran stem from the fact that the Bible was corrupted. If the Bible and the Quran disagree about something, the Bible is wrong and the Quran is right. Muslims further allege that it is impossible for the Quran to have become corrupted. Our Debate Question: How is it completely logical for the god of the universe to permit any of his sacred scriptures to ever become corrupted? Why not get everything correct the first time?