- Is there a logical reason for Allah to prefer white over black?
- Given that Allah prefers white over black, would those who fear Allah likewise favor white over black?
- Do you suppose that a majority of black muslims might not want their faces turned to white?
- How is having a black face "punishment"?
So those going to heaven will get their faces turned white, while apostates will have their faces turned black by Allah. This raises some questions for debate:
Through pictures and 2 videos (below) we see that across the centuries, the Arab followers of Muhammad have been heavily involved in the African slave trade. Do any of the reasons for this involve Muhammad and his Allah?
Before answering the question above, we should note that Muhammad -- the role model of the Muslims, the person whose life they regard exemplary -- himself owned black slaves! We read, for example, in this Sahih Bukhari hadith, "Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle was on a journey and he had a black slave called Anjasha..." (Sahih Bukhari 8:73:182, see also Sahih Bukhari 9:91:368, etc.).
Muhammad and his relationship with those with black skin -- and how all of this affected the renowned Avicenna.
First consider this hadith: 'Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin.'" (Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256)
Additional Debate Questions
1. Do Muslims believe that Muhammad made a clever deal in trading two black slaves for a slave not black?
2. "The [Blacks are] people who are by their very nature slaves" said the illustrious Muslim polymath, Avicenna. Could Muhammad's attitude toward blacks have affected Avicenna's judgment?
3. Not once in the entire Quran does Allah and his Messenger (Muhammad) declare that owning slaves is immoral. Not once! Do you believe that this is because Muhammad himself owned slaves? [Quran 33:50, Bukhari 7:65:346, etc.]
4. If Allah and his Messenger had condemned slavery, do you believe that Muslims would have ever enslaved Africans (and Indians, Europeans, etc.)?
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.